Saturday, December 25, 2004

Ice - Water - Fire

I published my prev post rather hastily. I think I should have written something about the beauty of Niagara or perhaps I don't have enough words to describe it (in a concliatory tone).

Niagara, though not the biggest of falls, at my first visit, there was a 'WoW'. Grandeur was more from the mist rather than the falls itself. I learn that the amount of water that flows out is the largest (in the world?). When someone asked me, what do you think of the falls, since it is just about 150 ft, doesn't seem to be a great fall, I said, especially for people who like me, had the conception that a fall should be sometihng very deep and where water falls inches from heaven. True, 'Bluff' (Shivanasamudram falls in Karnataka, India) and Niagara should not be compared.

There's also a Hydel station downstream Niagara. I haven't been there though. Sometime I should, I say to myself.

I was thinking of these falls that I saw a couple of other pix which I want to post this time.

(Apologies for I have not yet mastered the art of posting pic, writing in one post. So you'd see the pics in the coming post).

The two other pix which should be seen alongside the water- Niagara pic are,

1. The Ice Tree - This was a pic taken of a tree, not sure which tree this is, when it was draped in snow. It makes it look black n white.

2. Fire Balls - Volcano?!! Nope. It isn't real. In Las Vegas, such stunts also attract as much crowd as the gambling dens. I was amazed at the amount of T&M spent on it. It can only happen in Sam's world.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home