Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Book Review - One Night at the Call Center, Five Point Someone by Chetan Bhagat

I have gone back to a rigorous reading schedule off late. Though, it started off with some light reading, I have been able to read some serious stuff too. Let me write about what I read here.

After all, its been ages since I took time to write something on the blog myself, apart from posting
pictures.

The two novels, One night at the Call Center and Five point someone - what not to do at IIT, by Chetan Bhagat, are easy reads. The plot in each of them is quite simple. A little drama - at office, in the first and at college in the second, makes the novel out of the real world. A bunch of young guys and gals who work in the call center, their life - in and out of work, is portrayed in the first. A li'l bit of lovey-dovey between a couple, office tensions between the colleagues makes it correlatable. Not to forget the bad boss who always is ready to screw.

The second, has the story around a bunch of guys who after a lot of "struggle" enter into the premier tech institute, IIT being toppers, who then become average students, not to mention distracted, then struggle to get themselves see through their degrees. Of course, there is some college romance, the tid-bits of college hostel life.

Both the books, I read were selling like hot cakes at some point! Though, I didn't find them as good, it is a good time-pass for a boring day or long journey.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home